Monday, July 14, 2014

Daddy's Girl

Image From Google


I don’t believe in ghosts nor do I believe in magic or anything that has got to do with the paranormal but one experience stuck with me. My dad died when I was 5 months old. He hanged himself when my mother left him. It never felt weird to me since I grew up knowing everything that happened and I was never ashamed to tell people how my dad died.
When I was 6 years old, my cousins used to sleep over our place every time their family visits us. We would sleep in the living room while the adults catch up on events and spend the rest of the night talking in the balcony. That particular day in summer I had a fever when they came to visit, so I slept early while my younger cousins lay beside me trying also to fall asleep.
We always have a red light on at night because my aunt, who was also my guardian (since my mom went abroad), hates waking up in the middle of the night in the dark. That night I saw a man standing in the doorway, his head was tilted on one side and he had his tongue out, he was staring at me. He looked sad and scary at the same time but it didn’t really scare me although thinking about it, now gives me goose bumps. I haven’t seen my dad in person but I’ve seen his pictures, I wanted to believe it was not him because I didn’t want to think he would want to scare me, but who else would it be?
The next day I told my uncles (my dad’s brothers) about the incident and uncle fred told me I was just hallucinating since I had a fever, but uncle mike looked shocked though he never told me why. It was when I was already in high school that my aunts told me that myka, one of my younger cousins, told uncle mark that she saw a man standing on that doorway that night, and that was before I told him I’ve seen my dad.
I never had any experiences with regards to my dad after that. Well so much for saying goodbye to her only daughter. (From Philppine Ghost Stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment