Monday, July 14, 2014

Do Not Forget The Dead

Image From Google

This happened 2 years ago. I was 21 working back then as an administration and relations officer on a big real estate agency training to be a Sales Executive.
I was sleeping one night when I saw my Grandfather in my dream telling me these exact words “It’s time for me to go, I have lived a good life so don’t cry for me. I have nothing to leave you but this… I have faith in you and I know that you’ll keep working hard”. Working hard was always my grandfather’s favorite lecture passed down to my parents and down to me when he used to take care of me. He always told us that we wouldn’t be here in this world without hard work.
The dream woke me up in the middle of the night sweaty and crying. I remember looking at my alarm clock. It was 3:15 am there was a warm feeling in the room which was strange to me as I never use the heating system which slowly started to fade and fill with the cold winter air. I changed my clothes and tried to get back to sleep but kept me thinking the whole night until I fell back to sleep. The following day was the weirdest part for me.
I woke up late for work my alarm did not go off that day although it’s set to go off on workdays and my phone was dead which always acted as my second alarm. I was rushing to get to work. I didn’t have time to recharge my phone either that morning. As I parked my car I saw my Manager who I was training with parking his car so I decided to wait up to get away from being late. He was in a good mood and said to me “Ah just the man I’m wanting to talk with” as soon as he saw me. I asked what is it about to which he replied “Something tells me you’re now ready to make you’re first sale, I’ve been thinking about it since morning and I’m convinced that you’ll be able to pull this one I’m giving you” (which still gives me a bit off chill when I think about it). Our conversation went on until I got to my desk. He then told me on a serious calm voice “i know that you’ll work hard on this one” before he entered his room. My Manager is not the type of person who will say something like that (His say it more like “Don’t you fail this one or I’ll kick your ass) But my head was filled with excitement to have taken notice.
I then sat on my desk and rang my Mom excited to tell her the good news. But the excitement turned into sorrow when I spoke to her on the phone. She was at home and I could tell she was crying. She told me she had been trying to ring me but my phone was dead and then told me that my grandfather had another heart attack and he was too weak to fight it. He died at 1:13am Philippine time in the hospital, which was around the time I dreamt about him. I couldn’t stop crying and slowly remembered my dream and the series of events that happened. I then asked myself could this all be because of him.
The dream, the warm feeling, the alarm not going off, the phone being dead like it’s stopping me from knowing and ruining my day, running to work late, arriving the same time with my manager and the words he said to me. All might have been just a series of coincidence. But I don’t believe these series of events was just coincidence. I always believe this is what my Grandfather left me with.
I wasn’t able to go home for my grandfather’s funeral as I was busy working what he left me with and I did manage to sell the lot and got all the commission which I used to build a small mausoleum for him.
I’m now a Sales Executive and still working hard, he may not have left me with huge amount of inheritance like the others. But everything I am and earning now I will always owe it all to him. I am now waiting for the owner to resell the house for me to buy as I feel that it’s a part of me.
He did visit me a year later on his death anniversary but that’s another story. (When I find the picture that has an image of him on my hard drive) Sorry for making it so long, I’m a very wordy person but I hoped you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed sharing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment