Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Cabin

Image From Google

My wife was shaking me quietly. I looked around the cabin. The girls must have gone to bed. The fire had burned down to embers. My glass of scotch was still in my hand.
“Something is tapping on the porch.” Then I heard it too. I grabbed my ax and lit the lantern. I opened the door expecting a raccoon or a skunk, but instead found a boy of about 10 years old.

He stared at me petrified for a moment, then bolted down the path through the woods. I gave chase. He was losing me but I heard him tumble to the ground. I leapt on top of him in a rage.
“Why were you knocking on my porch?” I screamed. “My uncles told me to.” He stammered.
I was no longer angry, but confused. “But why?” I asked. “To get you out of the cabin.” (Reddit)

No comments:

Post a Comment